- AAP Issues Recommendations for Hepatitis A Vaccination (4/10/07)
- CDC Recommendations for Hepatitis A Vaccination (Exit Site)
- AAP Rotavirus Vaccine Recommendations
- Rotavirus Vaccine Implementation Guide (11/16/06)
- CDC Rotavirus Vaccine Recommendations (8/10/06, Exit Site)
How Vaccines Work
Safety and Effectiveness of Vaccines
Parental Worries (MMR and Autism and Multiple Vaccinations)
The History of Polio
50th Anniversary of the Salk Polio Vaccine:
April 12, 2005, marked the 50th anniversary of the first polio vaccine. Since the introduction of the vaccine, great strides have been made in significantly reducing the health impact of vaccine-preventable diseases on children and adults worldwide.
- CDC Produces Commemorative Information (Exit Site)
- Dedicated to the Health of All Children, a new illustrated history from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), provides a vivid glimpse at how this dreaded disease impacted children and pediatricians, and how the lifesaving vaccine changed history.
Smallpox, Terrorism, and Disaster Information
Link to frequently asked questions, guidance, and other information about smallpox.
Photos of Preventable Infectious Diseases
Warning: Some images may be considered graphic and disturbing.
CDC Public Health Image Library Project (Exit Site)
The online Public Health Image Library contains approximately 7,000 free public health-related images, including high-resolution photographs, illustrations, and videos devoted to topics ranging from science, to public health, to CDC.